Monday, May 19, 2008

Bob Veela Needs to Come to My House

We have finally jumped into the 21st century. Yesterday we bought a flat screen HD TV. It's freaking awesome! We also upgraded to HD cable and got a DVR. I haven't really left my house since. While Josh was at work today, I DVRed 2 movies, watched them, and then just watched TV. My life is so lame.......

In order to accommodate the new TV along with the new DVR box and Josh's PS3, we naturally had to get a new TV stand to put all these gadgets on. Now, I feel as though I am an intelligent person and I most definitely classify Josh as intelligent as well.

He took one look at the directions to put together the stand and said that he couldn't do it. So, I had to. I got it all together and felt pretty good about it. I only had to have Josh hold the pieces upright while I hammered. He also helped by drinking a beer which was very supportive. And, I only screamed at him once in frustration. Pretty good.

So, I was feeling accomplished until Josh points out that on the ends, three of the boards have the wood out. Mind you, this damn piece of furniture is black. I was at first tempted to throw the stand at him because I have no problem with killing the messenger. Then he told me to calm down and we could just color in the wood parts with a black Sharpie. After spending approximately 2 hours putting this freaking stand together, we can color it in with a Sharpie??? I guess so, as I am not taking the damn thing apart and putting it back together. I have DVRed movies to watch.

No comments: